If you have previously activated the backup function of your Google account, heylogin uses this as an end-to-end encrypted backup mechanism. If you have not yet activated it, here is how to do it:
Activate Google Backup
- Go to your settings and scroll down to System and tap it.
- Next, hit Backup.
- Finally, tap Turn on in the lower right corner.
- Your backup has now been created.
Transfer heylogin to a new phone
- When opening heylogin on your new phone, you are asked to transfer heylogin to this new phone. This method uses the end-to-end encrypted backup of heylogin from your Google account. Hit TRANSFER ACCOUNT.
- Your heylogin account has been transferred to your new phone. All your logins are available again. You now need to reconnect your devices as explained here.
- heylogin is now connected to your new phone and disconnected from your old phone. Opening heylogin on your old phone, will show you this screen:
heylogin uses Android’s end-to-end encrypted backup functionality. This functionality is limited to devices that support encrypted backups. For detailed information consult our security whitepaper.